Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Our Storms vs Our God


Following the progress of the healing of  a premature twin, born with a heart defect and going through corrective surgery, these past few weeks, I have been struck with just how awesome our God is........ again!

One of my favorite quotes is "Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big your God is!"  

The storm that this young family went through could have devastated them had they allowed it to get bigger than the God they are so faithful to believe.  When the babies were born early, it could have been much worse, but they were able to go home earlier than expected.  When the heart defect began causing problems earlier than anticipated, the doctors were able to go in and repair everything that needed to be done until her teenage years, instead of having to undergo several surgeries in between.  Now the surgery is over and the baby is ready to go home, again, earlier than even hoped for!  She is much healthier, taking her bottles, and has a huge smile on her face. The parents and their church family give the credit to the goodness and power of God.  

When Jesus came to this earth in the form of man, he healed all who came to him.  When He left, he gave to us His Holy Spirit to help us do the same through Him.  He told us in John 14: 12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask[c] anything in My name, I will do it. 15 “If you love Me, keep[d] My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you."

We are told that we should ask and that we will be given a Helper if we believe in Him.  That Helper will dwell in us and be with us.  Jesus will not leave us alone; He will come to us by way of His Holy Spirit. 

I really believe that the prayers of many people have brought forth the miracles that have encompassed this young family.  We have asked for the life and healing of this young child and it was done.  We have asked for strength, comfort, peace and wisdom for the parents and it was done.  We have asked for wisdom and guidance for the doctors, and it was done.  We have praised and thanked God for it all and He responded. 

We loved.  We believed.  We obeyed.  We asked.  He answered. 

Are we done praying for this family?  Not by a long shot.  There is surely something special that He has in store for them and I know, that we all want to watch as God's plan unfolds.  

Jesus said in John 13: 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.  





It is now 2020 and both twins are doing great!  What an awesome God we have!